1st: Wei Shan's famous narrow street
2nd: Wei Bao Mountain
3rd: Wei Bao Mountain
4th: One of Wei Shan's Parks
5th: Wei Bao Mountain
and the rest is from Wei Bao Mountain
Although Wei Shan is not as exciting, in terms of liveliness of the city, as Dali, its nationally and maybe internationally, for some, known mountain, Wei Bao Mountain is fun to climb. Not in terms of satisfaction from a physical accomplishment, but in terms of what it carries within. Wei Bao Mountain is one of the famous religious mountains. What do I mean by that? Well, in China, as far as I know, many temples and mosques are usually situated on top of mountains because it is said to be closer to the heavens (sky) and Gods. Wei Bao Mountain is one of Taoism. I'm not too familiar with Taoism, but from the pictures (7 and 10), the Dao Shi (pinyin) or Taoists dress differently from Buddhists even though I had not noticed much difference between the two from this trip. Wei Bao Mountain contains many many many temples, built for Emperor Xin Luo, first emperor of Dali Guo aka Nan Zhao Guo of the Tang dynasty. Nan Zhao Guo was first started in Wei Shan, but later moved and expanded to Dali, hence the name, Dali Guo (guo meaning world). We rested part way and drank tea with a Taoist, which was pretty cool. He told me about some Taoist knowlege, but I can't really remember what exactly it was -- I was busy tasting the tea which I've come to like a lot -- and he was also talking to other people.
Wei Shan's major minority group is the Yi ethnic group. You can see their outfits in the second-to-last picture. The ladies we met at Wei Bao Mountain were really nice. They served us tea, and we danced around in a circle with them. Locally called da ge which means "hit the music," it includes singing and traditional dancing -- lots of turning and going in and out of the circle.
No comments:
Post a Comment