Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fourth Stop Cang Mounatin

Lift

Giant Chinese Chess Table (Taken from Lift)






Seventh Dragon Maiden


The Up Climb
Map of the Seven Dragon Maiden


Cang Shan! I love this place, but so much walking involved...
Filled with trees, flowers, plants, waterfalls, bridges etc... Cang Shan is a very beautiful mountain. I wanted to go primarily to climb up to the 7th Dragon Maiden. Yes that sounds strange, but within Cang Mountain, there are seven waterfalls, well more than that but these seven are special because they are situated in levels, meaning one on top of another. The last time I've been, I was only able to reach the 4th water fall aka the fourth dragon maiden, so I carried a sense of determination during this trip to reach the 7th one. After about a 5km+ walk, we FINALLY arrived at the entrance to the Seven Dragon Maiden. By that time, I was already ready to collapse from fatigue... as I had gone horseback riding again the day before, resulting in back aches. Seeing the sight of the waterfalls, however, suddenly made me forget the muscle strains. I mean I'm not to say that by "magic" all pain went away, but my excitement far out weighed fatigue, and I kept climbing.
After reaching the Fourth Dragon Maiden, I remembered why I had stopped there last time. The hill ahead of me tilted at an angle of about 40 or so degrees, and there were nothing but what was dent-looking steps to help me. everywhere I saw warning signs saying, "Be careful -- may be slippery" or "steep hill - proceed with caution." I still wanted to climb, but I couldn't help but feel scared -- of the fact that I may fall and DIE! Thankfully, my aunt was already ahead of me with a helping hand stretched out. Like that, we took medium strides and landed ourselves on the 7th Dragon Maiden!! What an adrenalin rush... I was so restless that I took off my socks and shoes and jumped into the icy cold water. It felt GOOD.
It is THE clearest and prettiest water I have ever seen in my life. If it was a natural hot spring, I would with out a doubt jump in on all fours!


No comments: