We threw a birthday party in celebration of my Grand's eightieth birthday. All the family members came, which meant even more people that I had to meet who I did not know until now. Of course, I knew many and recognized some faces, but some, I just have never seen before. I made a little speech and wished Grand a happy birthday. She was so happy! We ate at a Hui (Chinese Muslim) restaurant even though my Grand is a Buddhist because some of my Dad's family came. I really like non-pork meals because for me, who was raised on a non-pork diet, pork has a weird aroma... not like that of lamb which is very flavorful but of something stinky for the lack of a better word.
Grand is much older and more lethargic than before because of age and also because of health reasons that make her ankle and feet swell, so it takes much more effort to walk. Even so, she's still very fun, and I like to make her laugh, especially when I take pictures. I wish her the best while I am in the States.
(I do multiple postings when I have a computer:))
No comments:
Post a Comment