It's great to realize -- to have an epiphany however small or big relative to your life. At least that's how I feel. I've realized a lot (more) of important things this year and have grown smarter from those realizations.
A blessing in disguise presented yet another international exploration to me. Today, I made a spread sheet of my itinerary. It's yet to be completed, but researching all the amazing things -- food, places to go, fun adventures etc -- already has me glued to my laptop, hoping that if I concentrate hard enough, it will suck me in and take me to those wonderful places! Haha just kidding, but I am excited.
This will definitely be an adventure because I've never been to the continent, let alone the country, nor do I speak the language. On top of that, I will be planning the second half of my trip in country. I have confidence that I'll be just fine. I mean, what's a little traveling in a foreign country that I've never been to or speak the language, I'm only required to figure things out with hand gestures. I'm sure the local people speak Jenn Ma. It's fine; everything is under control.
On another note, I remembered today that I was supposed to complete this calendar I'm making for one of my co-workers from China when I interned abroad. He is a young English teacher who recently moved to Qingdao, where we interned, and we became really good friends (Me, Steph, Elaine, and Cooper). He is such a character! I've never met anyone funnier and more easy going than him. Just writing this makes me want to go back, or better yet, bring him here. He'd love that, considering he is obsessed with American Rap.
On another note, since my mind is just wandering all over the place, I am twenty. Yep, the big two-oh. Officially out of the teens. I feel really empowered actually, now that the idea of being twenty has settled in my brain.
Ok I'm really tired, so I;m just going to end this abruptly.
Night.
Looking ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment