Wednesday, June 30, 2010

¡Hola!

Hello beautiful people of the world! ¡Hola personas hermosas del mundo!

I am finally beginning to feel really excited for this summer! I mean, don't get me wrong; summer has been really great so far, but I was a little worried when planning my up coming adventure.
Oh! Backstreet Boys performed at the SF Pride Parade!! Seeing them was pretty amazing; they are v old and don't dance as well, but still great.

Note: roaming in an unknown country with limited communication skills with "whoever" you will meet while doing your program might just be a little risky.

However, after talking to a dear friend who is a pretty solid traveler, in this area especially, I am much reassured. Plus everything is just coming into place:). Yayy! I'm starting to learn Spanish again, but self learning this time. I'm also taking classes in-country, so I'll probably pick it up fast. As of now, it's very Spanglish and sometimes Franglish bc of three yrs of French in HS. I have an outstanding French accent when speaking Spanish (only sometimes, thank god).

LIST
Flight: check
Program: almost check (pay)
Itinerary: work in progress
Stuff to bring: later
Packing: way later

On the other hand, blogging about Qingdao and Guatemala: not gonna happen.
Oh well these are some of my fav pics from those trips to sum up mostly everything visually.

QINGDAO
Eating scorpion for the first time!

Friends:)

Self explanatory. Lol.

Our hairstyle -- big thing in Qingdao.

Cooper!!

Lol Jackie & Jason

HAaa...

Last name Ever, first name Greatest... Qingdao edition.

:)

GUATEMALA

Site Leaders!

So happy to finally arrive!

Downhill trek.

Soccer with the kids!

Tortillas are really hard to make (don't know why this is underlined)

Estella!

Lake Atitlan

ABG!!

Franklin & ABG

Some happy farmers:)

Yumm

Coffee cherries.

No comments: