Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blog Virgin

As the school year comes to an end and summer slowly fills in to the already ever so lazy life of a Lowell senior, I decided to start blogging. This is due partly to inspiration from the little Kumar but also, more importantly, to hopes of recording my travels, for I promised myself about a year ago that I would travel the WORLD -- stepping onto every continent before I reach the age of forty.
I am so amped about the up coming trip to the Motherland CHINA because my first trip two years ago was just incredible. The second time around, I plan on visiting Yunnan, a province full of minority groups, carrying with them rich cultures and deep-rooted traditions. Now that is the kind of travel I like, for it is most often in the less metropolitan areas where true understanding of a certain nation is revealed. But of course, I will be stopping in the big capital of Beijing to marvel or criticise what rapid industrialization and preps for the 2008 Olympics has done to the city. I do realize the world population has very mixed views regarding this nation of rising economic, political, and military power, but as this is my first blog, I will not dive into my all so complicated opinions.
Instead, I will share some pictures from travels a year ago.
Bamako & Village of N'Tonfala, Mali.

Peter in hole at gold mine.
Me & host brothers and sisters; Midwife & Chief; Welcoming ceremony; water well; working on foundation of school house.












3 comments:

Richel said...

Welcome to blogger, J Ma!

Dennis Ho said...

JenDaMa! Welcome to the blogging world!

mockumentary said...

I'm excited!
The gold-toned picture is fucking beautiful JMa